Noranda Primary School
School Board 2020
Minutes of Meetings
|14th March 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|16th May 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|13th June 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|24th August 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|24th October 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|21st November 2018||Meeting Minutes|
|20th February 2019||Meeting Minutes|
|5th June 2019||Meeting Minutes|
|31st July 2019||Meeting Minutes|
|26th February 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|5th August 2020|
|2nd September 2020|
FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
a) The Board has the powers and duties:
i) to make recommendations in the following:
• establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
• the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
• evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and
• formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
ii) to make recommendations in consultation with students, their parents and staff on an appropriate dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
iii) to promote the school in the community;
iv) to approve:
• charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities under section 99(4) of the School Education Act;
• extra cost optional components of educational programs under section 100(3) of the School Education Act;
• items to be supplied by a student for use in an educational program under section 108(2) of the School Education Act; and
• any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school under section 216(5) of the School Education Act.
v) to provide advice to the principal of the school on:
• a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
• the implementation of special religious education under section 69(2) of the School Education Act.
vi) with the approval of the Minister or Director General, as the Minister’s delegate, to:
• take part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff under section 129(2) of the School Education Act.
b) The Board cannot:
i) intervene in the control or management of the school;
ii) intervene in the educational instruction of students;
iii) exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the school; and
iv) intervene in the management or operation of a school fund.